- This event has passed.
Rain Garden and Rain Barrel Workshop
November 8 @ 8:30 AM - 11:00 AMFree
Thank you for your interest in attending the Rain Garden and Rain Barrel Workshop at the Harris Center in Auburn Alabama.
Tuesday, November 8 – 8:30am-11:00am
Harris Center, 425 Perry St, Auburn, AL 36830
Workshop is provided by the Alabama Watershed Stewards Program, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper and the Alabama Master Gardners.
- Rain Garden Introduction, Alabama Watershed Stewards: 8:30am-10:00am
- Rain Barrel Introduction, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper: 10:00 am-10:30am
- Pickup Rain Barrel: 10:30-11:00am
- “How to Install a Rain Garden” handbook
- Rain Barrel provided if you pre-pay for one
You will learn:
- Basics of why to install a rain garden
- How to select a site for your rain garden
- How to design and plant your rain garden
- Basics of rain barrel location selection
- How to set up your rain barrel
**Workshop attendance is free but if you want a rain barrel, you must prepay. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information**
Alabama Watershed Stewards Program is part of the Auburn University Water Resources Center and Alabama Cooperative Extension. Alabama Watershed Stewards is funded by a Clean Water Act 319(h) grant from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management and EPA Region 5.