Alabama Rivers Educator Workshop – Prattville
June 30 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM$55
**REGISTRATION IS HOSTED THROUGH LEGACY, PARTNERS IN ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION.
June 30, 2023
Join 4-H Alabama Water Watch Staff and author of the book, Alabama Rivers: A Celebration & Challenge, Dr. Bill Deutsch, in Prattville as we travel down rivers through time to encounter the rich human history and natural wonders that have defined Alabama. Participants will learn to use the Alabama Rivers book and accompanying Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers to celebrate Alabama’s magnificent rivers and how they have been shaped by geology over the ages with their students. We will learn about some of the unique plants and animals as well as noteworthy people who have called Alabama home. We will also learn to use resources and activities found in the Guide to challenge their students to restore and protect our rivers for their economic, cultural, and ecological benefits, but most of all because it is the right thing to do.
The curriculum is correlated to the AL Course of Study Standards for Social Studies and Science for grades 4-7, but is also adaptable for upper grades and other subjects.
Participants who complete the Alabama Rivers Workshop will receive:
- Certification as Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of the book Alabama Rivers, A Celebration & Challenge,
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers
- Access to online digital resources that support activities and lessons
- 8 hours of CEUs from Auburn University Office of Outreach and/or PowerSchool
- Lunch and snacks during the workshop.