AWW Monitoring Training – Northwest Alabama TBD
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
March 2022 Alabama Water Watch Monitoring Training
Registration is required: https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2rQXrEf7H1k0HoW
Training Description: Become a certified Volunteer Monitor through this hybrid (online and in-person) training opportunity! Available certifications include AWW Water Chemistry Monitoring and Bacteriological Monitoring. You must complete each of the steps outlined below to receive your monitoring certification.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Register for training through this form by March 7th.
2. Select the monitoring type(s) for which you would like certification through this form.
On March 7th
- Participate in the Kick-Off Zoom from 12-1 pm. This is not required for certification but will help you navigate the training process and meet AWW Staff.
- Use the link and instructions you receive via email following the Kick-Off Zoom to enroll in the Online Courses required for the certification type(s) you requested.
By Midnight on March 22nd
- Complete the self-paced, online coursework for the monitoring type(s) of interest.
- Introduction to AL Water Watch – This course is required for all monitoring types and must be completed to unlock all other AWW Online Courses. (1 hour)
- Bacteriological Monitoring Course (90 minutes)
- Water Chemistry Monitoring Course (2 hours)
On March 25th
Attend the in-person Field Day in Northwest Alabama – exact location TBD where you will demonstrate your ability to conduct monitoring tests under the observation of an AWW Trainer. Participants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines regarding in-person gatherings during the trainings.
Field Day Schedule:
9:45 am Check-In for Bacteriological Monitoring Session
10:00 am Bacteriological Monitoring Session
12:00 pm Lunch Break (bring a sack lunch)
12:45 pm Check-In for Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
1:00 pm Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
4:00 pm Adjourn
You will receive additional details for each of these steps once you register.
Contact AWW with any questions: 1-888-844-4785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.