AWW Monitoring Training – Prattville
August 19 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Alabama Water Watch Monitoring Training
Registration is required: https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bQHdbm9ap43IK3A
**This registration is for new monitors seeking certification who will go through the Online Courses and participate in an in-person Field Day. If you are seeking recertification, please contact the Alabama Water Watch Office.
Training Description: Become a certified Volunteer Monitor through this hybrid (online and in-person) training opportunity! Available certifications include AWW Water Chemistry Monitoring and Bacteriological Monitoring . You must complete each of the steps outlined below to receive your monitoring certification.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Register for training through this form by August 2nd.
2. Select the monitoring type(s) for which you would like certification through this form.
On August 2nd
- Use the link and instructions you receive via email following the Kick-Off Zoom to enroll in the Online Courses required for the certification type(s) you requested.
- Complete the self-paced, online coursework for the monitoring type(s) of interest.
- Introduction to AL Water Watch – This course is required for all monitoring types and must be completed to unlock all other AWW Online Courses. (1 hour)
- Bacteriological Monitoring Course (90 minutes)
- Water Chemistry Monitoring Course (2 hours)
Attend the in-person Field Day in Prattville – Trustmark Bank Community Room where you will demonstrate your ability to conduct monitoring tests under the observation of an AWW Trainer. Participants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines regarding in-person gatherings during the training.
Field Day Schedule: 8:45 am Check-In for Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
9:00 am Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
12:45 pm Check-In for Bacteriological Monitoring Session
1:00 pm Bacteriological Monitoring Session
3:00 pm Adjourn
You will receive additional details for each of these steps once you register. Only your name, email, phone number, and mailing address are required to register for this event. We ask for optional information so we can better understand our effectiveness in serving all Alabama citizens and for reporting general, anonymous statistics to our federal and state funders. We do not share any specific information you provide. The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome! Please let us know if you have accessibility needs.Contact AWW with any questions: 1-888-844-4785 or email@example.com.