- This event has passed.
AWW Monitoring Training – Enterprise
September 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
September 2022 Alabama Water Watch Monitoring Training
Registration is required: https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2rQXrEf7H1k0HoW
Training Description: Become a certified Volunteer Monitor through this hybrid (online and in-person) training opportunity! Available certifications include AWW Water Chemistry Monitoring and Bacteriological Monitoring. You must complete each of the steps outlined below to receive your monitoring certification.
This workshop is provided in conjunction with Alabama Watershed Stewards (AWS), a statewide science-based educational program that promotes healthy watersheds, increases understanding of water pollution, and provides the knowledge to prevent and resolve local water quality problems. AWS is funded by a Clean Water Act 319 Partnership grant through the Alabama Department of Environmental Management and EPA Region 4.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Register for training through this form by September 13th.
2. Select the monitoring type(s) for which you would like certification through this form.
On September 13th
- Participate in the Kick-Off Zoom from 12-1 pm. This is not required for certification but will help you navigate the training process and meet AWW Staff.
- Use the link and instructions you receive via email following the Kick-Off Zoom to enroll in the Online Courses required for the certification type(s) you requested.
By Midnight on September 27th
- Complete the self-paced, online coursework for the monitoring type(s) of interest.
- Introduction to AL Water Watch – This course is required for all monitoring types and must be completed to unlock all other AWW Online Courses. (1 hour)
- Bacteriological Monitoring Course (90 minutes)
- Water Chemistry Monitoring Course (2 hours)
On September 30th
Attend the in-person Field Day at Enterprise State Community College in Enterprise, AL where you will demonstrate your ability to conduct monitoring tests under the observation of an AWW Trainer. Participants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines regarding in-person gatherings during the trainings.
Field Day Schedule:
8:45 am Check-In for Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
9:00 am Water Chemistry Monitoring Session
12:15 pm Lunch Break (bring a sack lunch)
12:45 pm Check-In for Bacteriological Monitoring Session
1:00 pm Bacteriological Monitoring Session
3:00 pm Adjourn
You will receive additional details for each of these steps once you register.
Contact AWW with any questions: 1-888-844-4785 or email@example.com.