Alabama Rivers Educator Workshop – Cheaha State Park
October 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$25
Alabama Rivers Educator Workshop Registration
Registration Fee: $25
Trainers: AWW Staff Workshop
Contact Email: email@example.com
Workshop Contact Phone: 334-844-4785
Workshop Date & Location:
Saturday, October 8, 2022
10am – 5pm
Cheaha State Park
Workshop Description: MidSouth RC&D is supporting the continuation of the Alabama Rivers Educator Workshops based on An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers Curriculum. The curriculum will assist educators to impart Alabama rivers related knowledge, inspiration, and challenges to young students throughout the state.
The curriculum correlates to the Alabama Course of Study Standards for Social Studies, Science, Social Science, Arts and more for grades 4-7, but is adaptable for any grade!
During the one-day workshop, participants will receive instruction on how to use the curriculum with their students. Participants will need to bring a sack lunch.
Participants will receive:
- Certification as an Alabama Rivers Educator
- Copy of Alabama Rivers: A Celebration & Challenge by Dr. Bill Deutsch
- Copy of An Educator’s Guide to Alabama Rivers Curriculum
- Access to online Digital Resources
- Continuing Education Units from Auburn University and Professional Development Credits through PowerSchool
- One year Alabama Water Watch Association Membership
Participants will be expected to follow COVID-19 guidelines outlined by the CDC during the workshop.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome! Please let us know if you have accessibility needs.