CLIMATE VARIABILITY& DROUGHT
- What is Climate Variability?
- The Current State of Climate Forecast Skill
- What are Drought Indicators?
- What are Drought Triggers?
- Drought Management in the ACF River Basin
Alabama Water Resources Conferences
- 2018 AL Water Resources Conference Proceedings
- 2017 AL Water Resources Conference Proceedings
- 2016 AL Water Resources Conference Proceedings
- 2015 AL Water Resources Conference Proceedings
Water Resources – Related Surveys and Reports
- Auburn University Watershed Center of Excellence Report 2008-2012
- Survey of Opinions of Alabama Citizens Related to Water Resources and Water Policy and Law
Coping with Drought:
- Mitra, S., P. Srivastava, and S. Singh. 2016. Effect of irrigation pumpage during drought on karst aquifer systems in highly agricultural watersheds: example of the Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint river basin, southeastern USA. Hydrogeology Journal (In Press).
- Sharda, V., P. Srivastava, L. Kalin, K. Ingram, and M. Chelliah. 2013. Development of Community Water Deficit Index: Drought-Forecasting Tool for Small- to Mid-Size Communities of the Southeastern United States. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 18(7): 846-858.
Animal Waste Management:
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, and D.B. Watts. 2015. A Method for SubsurfaceBanding Poultry Litter in Plots Not Accessible with Conventional Field Equipment. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 31(4): 555-558.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T. Way, S. Sen, C. W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. J. Environ. Qual. 42:1574-1582.
- Lamba, J., T. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Transactions of the ASABE 55(3): 995-1002.
- Sen, S., P. Srivastava, K. Yoo, J. Dane, J. Shaw, and M.S. Kang. 2008. Runoff Generation Mechanisms in Pastures of the Appalachian Plateau Region of Alabama – A Field Investigation. Hydrological Processes 22(21):4222-4232.
- Sanders, S., P. Srivastava, Y. Feng, J.H. Dane, J. Basile, and M.O. Barnett. 2008. Sorption of veterinary antimirobials sulfadimethoxine and ormetoprim in soil. Journal of Environmental Quality, 37(4): 1510-1518.
- Kang, M.S., P. Srivastava, T. Tyson, J. Fulton, K. Yoo, and W.F. Owsley. 2008. GIS-based decision support system for poultry litter management. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 64(2):212-224
- Edwards, D.R., P.A. Moore, Jr., T.C. Daniel, P. Srivastava, and D.J. Nichols. 1997. Vegetative filter strip removal of metals in runoff from poultry litter-amended fescue grass plots. Transactions of the ASAE. 40(1): 121-127.
- Edwards D.R., P.A. Moore, Jr., T.C. Daniel, and P. Srivastava. 1996. Poultry litter treated effects on quality of runoff from fescue plots. Transactions of the ASAE. 39(1): 105-110.
- Kang, M.S., P. Srivastava, J. Fulton, T. Tyson, F. Owsley, and K.H. Yoo. 2006. Optimal Poultry Litter Management through GIS-based Transportation Analysis System. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers (JKSAE) 48(7): 73-86.
- Chaubey, I., P. Srivastava, L. Han, S.N. Addy and X. Yin. 2000. Using GIS, remote sensing and water quality modeling to estimate animal waste pollution potential. P.K. Bollich (ed.). In Proc. Agricultural Water Quality and Quantity: Issues for the 21st Century 136-143.