- The Early-Planted MG-4 trial at the EV Smith Research Center (EVSPBU) received extreme pressure from root-knot nematodes (RKN). The results of this trial demonstrate the importance of planting a RKN tolerant variety in a field known to have RKN. Yield data will be added at the end of the season. Currently, the following is available.
- RKN gall scores
- Number of RKN eggs per gram of root
- % of dead/dying plants in each plot
- Variety-specific images of the plots in June, before RKN damage was evident
- Variety-specific images of the diseased plots in July (available under the trial images icon)
- Aerial photos of the trial
- Duplicate sets of soybean trials are planted on two soil types (Sumter & Vaiden) at the Black Belt Research and Extension Center (BBREC) in Marion Junction. The Sumter trials are typically evaluated and rated for iron chlorosis symptoms. Differences between the Sumter and Vaiden trials were noted as expected. However, visual varietal differences when evaluating iron chlorosis symptoms were minimal.
- Variety-specific images of the MG 4, MG 5, MG 6, and MG 7/8 trials on both the Sumter and Vaiden trials are available.
Early Maturity Group 4
TVREC Early 4
SMREC Early 4