Policy for Hatch Project Submission and Renewal
- It is the responsibility of the faculty member to have an active Hatch project if the faculty member has employment with the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station.
- To determine the status of your Hatch or Hatch/Multistate project, go to the REEport website, log in, and click REEport—SAES.
- On the flow chart, select Project Initiation. Enter your name in the Project Director Box, and select Search. The results will be returned below. If your project is in the active projects section, you make click the PDF and see the dates of the project. If your project is in the terminated projects section, you may also click the PDF to see the expiration date.
- Project outlines should follow our General Guide for Hatch Grant Proposal Development.
- New projects and project extensions must be approved by the AAES Director prior to April 30 to be eligible for AAES internal competitive funding programs.
- The department heads/chairs are requested to have the project reviewed through the College/School/Departmental Hatch Project Committee. The departmental-approved Hatch project should then be submitted via REEport to the AAES Assistant Director by April 30.
- If you are not seeking eligibility for AAES internal competitive funding, the deadline for submission is June 30 for approval from NIFA for an Oct. 1 start date.